New for 2017... Alpaca Walking
We are now offering a fabulous Alpaca walking experience in the East Hertfordshire countryside. It makes a fantastic present or a treat for yourself. A really different experience for that animal/alpaca mad friend or relative.
There are two options.. you can have your own alpaca for the entirety of the walk OR share an alpaca with a friend – you and your friend can take turns leading your alpaca during the walk.
Check out our programme below…
- Short talk on alpacas and the background to Yew Tree Alpacas
- Introduction to the alpacas
- Guidance and advice on handling and walking your alpaca
- Practice mini walk around our field- get to know your alpaca and get confidence before going out on the walk
- Alpaca walk in the lovely East Herts countryside on local footpaths and tracks
- Walk duration approx. 40—45 minutes
- Return alpaca to their field – remove headcollars say goodbye
- Back to base for tea, coffee & biscuits
- Chance to buy Yew Tree alpaca yarns & other alpaca products
These lovely comments were sent to us from one of our 'walkers' who came on the Winter 2nd January '17 alpaca walk......
I just wanted to say a big thank you for this morning, my son had a brilliant time, we all enjoyed it.
Your alpacas are lovely animals all with their own characters! I can see why you keep them. I'm sure we will be back at some point. Lisa, Welwyn
Booking and prepayment are essential to secure a place.
Book online or by telephoning 01763 848257 or send a cheque with your name and full contact details to: Yew Tree Alpacas, Anstey, Herts. SG90DA
Summer Alpaca Walking Dates
What a better way to get out in the countryside this Summer with an alpaca walking experience with Yew Tree Alpacas.
Date: Thurs 24th August 2017 2017 - Sorry sold out
Date: Sat 2nd September 2017 - Sorry sold out
Time: 10am-12 midday
Date: Sat 2nd September 2017 - 1 alpaca place available
|Two people sharing an alpaca (if one a child must be 10yrs+)*||£34.00|
|1 adult walking one alpaca||£25|
|1 child 13-16yrs walking one alpaca||£20|
|Two-three photos - one with the group & one of you & your friend with your alpaca during the walk emailed 5 days after event||3.00|
|Two-three photos - one of group & one of you/your partner as above hard copy in colour, sent in the post||5.50|
*If the child is accompanying and not walking an alpaca at any point then the minimum age is 8 yrs