Walk an alpaca in the lovely Hertfordshire countryside
We are now offering a fabulous Alpaca walking experience in the East Hertfordshire countryside. It makes a fantastic present or a treat for yourself. A really different experience for that animal/alpaca mad friend or relative.
There are two options.. you can have your own alpaca for the entirety of the walk OR share an alpaca with a friend – you and your friend can take turns leading your alpaca during the walk.
Click here for more details
2018 Walking programme
Our Winter programme is now fully booked. However the Spring-Summer 2018 dates are now available to book online in the drop down list, also see summary of the dates below.
If you'd like to give Alpaca walking as a gift we also now offer gift vouchers/certificates which are valid until 30th September 2018 and can also be booked via our online shop. The recipient can then book any walking date from April - September 2018.
Summary of 2018 dates;
- Saturday 21st April 10am - Fully Booked
- Saturday 12th May 10am - Fully Booked
- Saturday 12th May 2.30pm
- Saturday 9th June 10am
- Saturday 9th June 2.30pm
- Saturday 7th July 10am
- Saturday 4th August 10am
- Saturday 1st September 10am
Please note the following terms & conditions regarding Yew Tree Alpacas, Alpaca Walking
- We can take a maximum of 7 alpacas on the walk and a minimum of 4. If the bookings fall below 4 then we will offer an alternative date or your money back.
- When walking out in the countryside we have two Yew Tree personnel on foot at the front and back of the alpacas for extra safety and security.
- Children are welcome 10 years and above. They can share an alpaca with an adult but the accompanying adult must be 16 years or above. Note you cannot book 1 person, 1 alpaca option for a child under 16 yrs.
- Children accompanying an adult (sharing an alpaca) must be 10 yrs and over.
- Note if you book just 1 adult 1 alpaca option we assume you will be attending alone. If it is only you who wants to do the walk and your partner isn't interested then you book the shared option and you do all the walking with our alpaca
- There is no discount on the two person price if the child is one of the pair
- Our all inclusive price includes the initial talk, advice and guidance on handling, the alpaca walking experience both in our fields and out in the countryside and tea/coffee biscuits at the end of the walk.
- On booking you will receive confirmation by email within 48 hrs. Approx 5-7 days before the event you will receive the detailed programme and info about what to wear and what to expect.
- Cancellation 7 or more days prior to the event 50% refund. Within 7 days no refund.