Introduction to Alpaca Ownership
A great chance to see if keeping Alpacas is right for you.
Our intro workshop on keeping alpacas is from 11.30am - 3.30pm (mix of theory and hands on), and takes place at Yew Tree Alpacas in Anstey, near Buntingford, Hertfordshire SG0DA. The cost is £45 for one place, £80 for a couple/two people.
This workshop offers a real insight into what keeping alpacas involves with plenty of opportunity to answer questions in a small group environment. A mix of classroom and practical including contact and handling our alpacas. There will be a maximum of six attendees on the workshop. The workshop is ideal for those thinking of ownership but don't know what's involved or just for those wanting to go into more detail and get hands on experience. A great next stage after you have been on our alpaca walking.
You will also get a chance to raise any specific areas of interest prior to the day.
The workshop will cover the following...
- Background on alpacas, their characteristics and day to day needs
- Key essentials for keeping alpacas; field sizes, fencing, shelter etc.
- Year round management tasks and day to day duties including feeding requirements
- Hands on with Yew Tree's alpacas - get to halter, handle and lead
- See how to condition score, trim feet and check teeth
- Time for questions over tea & biscuits before you go
- Sandwich lunch
- Take away notes covering the subject areas on the workshop
Next Workshop Feb 2018
£45 per person
£80 per couple