A 45 minute walk with an alpaca in the lovely Hertfordshire countryside
We are now offering a fabulous Alpaca walking experience in the East Hertfordshire countryside. It makes a fantastic present or a treat for yourself. A really different experience for that animal/alpaca mad friend or relative.
There are two options.. you can have your own alpaca for the entirety of the walk OR share an alpaca with a friend – you and your friend can take turns leading your alpaca during the walk.
Click here for more details
2018 Walking programme
We have some Summer 2018 dates still available to book online see the drop down list, also see summary of the available dates below. To make your afternoon really special we also have a new cream tea option for the Sat 14th July at 2.30pm. It includes a pot of tea, home made scones, clotted cream and strawberry/raspberry jam and sultana tea bread. This option can be booked for one person £6, or two people £11.
If you'd like to give Alpaca walking as a gift we also now offer gift vouchers/certificates which are valid until 30th April 2019 and can be booked via our online shop. The recipient can then book any walking date up to April 30th 2019.
If you would like to purchase photos after the event you can do so here.
Summary of 2018 dates Spring and Summer;
- Saturday 21st April 10am - Fully Booked
- Saturday 12th May 10am - Fully Booked
- Saturday 12th May 2.30pm - Fully Booked
- Saturday 9th June 10am - Fully Booked
- Saturday 9th June 2.30pm - Fully Booked
- Saturday 7th July 10am -Fully Booked
- Sat 14th July 2.30pm NEW CREAM TEA OPTION AVAILABLE- Fully Booked
- Thurs July 19th 10am - 1 alpaca place remaining
- Thurs July 19th 2.30pm - 3 alpaca places remaining
- Saturday 4th August 10am Fully Booked
- Saturday 4th August 2.30pm Fully Booked
- Thursday 9th August 10am - new route - Fully Booked
- Thursday 23rd August 10am - new route - Fully Booked
- Saturday 1st September 10am Fully booked
- Saturday 1st September 2.30pm - Fully booked
Our new cream tea option is just available with the 14th July 2.30pm walking date only. However it may be added as an option for future dates depending on the popularity
We have just launched our alpaca treks - a much longer walks with break half way and a sandwich lunch at the end of the trek. There are two treks in 2018 one in July and one in August. Click here for details of Alpaca Trekking
Please note the following terms & conditions regarding Yew Tree Alpacas, Alpaca Walking
- We can take a maximum of 8 alpacas on the walk and a minimum of 5. If the bookings fall below 5 then we will offer an alternative date or your money back.
- When walking out in the countryside we have two Yew Tree personnel on foot at the front and back of the alpacas for extra safety and security.
- Children are welcome 10 years and above. They can share an alpaca with an adult but the accompanying adult must be 16 years or above. Note you cannot book 1 person, 1 alpaca option for a child under 16 yrs.
- Children accompanying an adult (sharing an alpaca) must be 10 yrs and over.
- Note if you book just 1 adult 1 alpaca option we assume you will be attending alone. If it is only you who wants to do the walk and your partner isn't interested then you book the shared option and you do all the walking with our alpaca
- There is no discount on the two person price if the child is one of the pair
- Our all inclusive price includes the initial talk, advice and guidance on handling, the alpaca walking experience both in our fields and out in the countryside and tea/coffee biscuits at the end of the walk.
- On booking you will receive confirmation by email within 48 hrs. Approx 5-7 days before the event you will receive the detailed programme and info about what to wear and what to expect.
- You can swop to a different date of walk at no extra charge if more than 14 days before the date of your walk. If you swop to a new date within 14 days prior to the event there will be a charge of £10 per booking.
- Cancellation 14 or more days prior to the event 50% refund. Within 14 days no refund.
- If some of your group do not attend on the day there are no refunds. The cancellation rules apply, therefore if, up to 14 days before the event part of your group cannot attend then you can cancel and receive 50% refund.
- Please note the duration of the alpaca walk is approx. 45 minutes on local footpaths and bridleways with some uneven ground. The whole event is 2-2.25hrs. if you are a slow walker, unsteady on your feet or have an injury which impacts on your walking ability, then the walk will not be suitable. You must also be able to use both hands to hold the lead rope when walking your alpaca, if you cannot do this then the alpaca walk is not suitable for you. If you are not sure then please telephone us and we will advise whether the walk is suitable or rather our alpaca adventure may be more suitable.