A 45 minute walk (2- 2.25hrs total experience) with an alpaca in the lovely Hertfordshire countryside
We offer a fabulous Alpaca walking experience in the East Hertfordshire countryside. It makes a fantastic present or a treat for yourself. A really different experience for that animal/alpaca mad friend or relative.
There are two options.. you can have your own alpaca for the entirety of the walk OR share an alpaca with a friend – you and your friend can take turns leading your alpaca during the walk.
Click here for more details (including summary of dates)
Please ensure you read our Terms & Conditions before you book. Click here for details.
If you'd like to give Alpaca walking as a gift for birthday or a special occasion we also now offer gift vouchers/certificates which are now valid until 30th September 2020. We have vouchers for values specific to the alpaca walking or general vouchers, These can be booked via our online shop (under gift certificates). The recipient can then book any walking date up to September 30th 2020.
Please note the following terms & conditions regarding Yew Tree Alpacas, Alpaca Walking
- We can take a maximum of 9 alpacas on the walk and a minimum of 5. If the bookings fall below 5 then we will offer an alternative date or your money back.
- When walking out in the countryside we have two Yew Tree personnel on foot at the front and back of the alpacas for extra safety and security.
- Children are welcome 10 years and above. They can share an alpaca with an adult but the accompanying adult must be 16 years or above. Note you cannot book 1 person, 1 alpaca option for a child under 16 yrs.
- Children accompanying an adult (sharing an alpaca) must be 10 yrs and over.
- Note if you book just 1 adult 1 alpaca option we assume you will be attending alone. If it is only you who wants to do the walk and your partner isn't interested then you book the shared option and you do all the walking with our alpaca. Note we do have a new option for 2020 where you can book up to two cream teas and no walk. The non walkers arrive 1 hour after the start time .
- There is no discount on the two person price if the child is one of the pair
- Our all inclusive price includes the initial talk, advice and guidance on handling, the alpaca walking experience both in our fields and out in the countryside and tea/coffee biscuits at the end of the walk.
- On booking you will receive confirmation by email within 48 hrs. Approx 5-7 days before the event you will receive the detailed programme and info about what to wear and what to expect.
- You can swop to a different date of walk at no extra charge if more than 14 days before the date of your walk. If you swop to a new date within 14 days prior to the event there will be a charge of £10 per booking.
- Cancellation 14 or more days prior to the event 50% refund. Within 14 days no refund.
- If some of your group do not attend on the day there are no refunds. The cancellation rules apply, therefore if, up to 14 days before the event part of your group cannot attend then you can cancel and receive 50% refund.
- Please note the duration of the alpaca walk is approx. 45 minutes on local footpaths and bridleways with some uneven ground. The whole event is 2-2.25hrs. if you are a slow walker, unsteady on your feet or have an injury which impacts on your walking ability, then the walk will not be suitable. You must also be able to use both hands to hold the lead rope when walking your alpaca, if you cannot do this then the alpaca walk is not suitable for you.
- Alpacas can be scared or surprised by sudden sounds/movement this means that it is possible your alpaca may suddenly pull or shy during the walk. This is not common/usual but it is possible. You must be confident that you have the strength to hold the alpaca if he suddenly pulls forward during the walk.
- Please note we will ask you to sign before the walk to verify the above aspects re your capability. If it then appears you are not able to keep up on the walk or not capable of leading the alpaca /hold the lead rope we reserve to right to advise you not to walk.
- If you are not sure then please telephone us and we will advise whether the walk is suitable or rather our alpaca adventure may be more suitable.