A 45 minute walk (2- 2.25hrs total experience) with an alpaca in the lovely Hertfordshire countryside
We offer a fabulous Alpaca walking experience in the East Hertfordshire countryside. It makes a fantastic present or a treat for yourself. A really different experience for that animal/alpaca mad friend or relative.
There are two options.. you can have your own alpaca for the entirety of the walk OR share an alpaca with a friend – you and your friend can take turns leading your alpaca during the walk.
Click here for more details (including summary of dates)
Please ensure you read our Terms & Conditions before you book. Click here for details.
If you are buying for a gift why not add the walking gift box, something a bit more special than just giving the order confirmation.
The gift box contains:
- Gold A5 gift box
- Gift bow
- Colour A5 ‘alpaca walking’
- Colour A5 ‘About us’
- Programme for the day (will have the date you have booked)
- Alpaca walking greeting card
Please note the gold gift box will be sent flat with the above items it is very easy to fold up into the box when you receive. If you would like it sent direct as a box you will have to buy another item to add postage as the box then has to go as a parcel
Add Gift Box to your Basket here
If you'd like to give Alpaca walking as a gift for birthday or a special occasion we also now offer gift vouchers/certificates which are now valid until 30th September 2021. We have vouchers for values specific to the alpaca walking / trekking , alpaca adventures or general vouchers, These can be booked via our online shop (under gift certificates).
Terms & Conditions
Please note the following terms & conditions regarding Yew Tree Alpacas, Alpaca Walking
- We can take a maximum of 9 alpacas on the walk and a minimum of 6. If the bookings fall below 6 then we will offer an alternative date or your money back.
- When walking out in the countryside we have two Yew Tree personnel on foot at the front and back of the alpacas for extra safety and security.
- Children are welcome 10 years and above. They can share an alpaca with an adult but the accompanying adult must be 16 years or above. Note you cannot book 1 person, 1 alpaca option for a child under 16 yrs.
- Children accompanying an adult (sharing an alpaca) must be 10 yrs and over.
- Note if you book just 1 adult 1 alpaca option we assume you will be attending alone. If it is only you who wants to do the walk and your partner isn't interested then you book the shared option and you do all the walking with our alpaca
- If you come with someone who has not booked, they should either drop you off and return later or wait in the car. There is no waiting area on site for those who have not booked.
- There is no discount on the two person price if the child is one of the pair
- Our all inclusive price includes the initial talk, advice and guidance on handling, the alpaca walking experience both in our fields and out in the countryside and tea/coffee biscuits (or cream tea depending on option selected) at the end of the walk.
- On booking you will receive confirmation by email within 48 hrs. Approx 5-7 days before the event you will receive the detailed programme and info about what to wear and what to expect.
- Date changes cost £10 per booking up to 14 days before the date of your walk (payable on the day of your walk). It is not feasible to change to another date within 14 days of your walk.
- Cancellation 14 or more days prior to the event 50% refund. Within 14 days no refund.
- If some or all of your group do not attend on the day there are no refunds.
- Please note the duration of the alpaca walk is approx. 45 to 50 minutes on local footpaths and bridleways with some uneven ground. The whole event is 2-2.25hrs. if you are a slow walker, unsteady on your feet or have an injury which impacts on your walking ability, then the walk will not be suitable. You must also be able to use both hands to hold the lead rope when walking your alpaca, if you cannot do this then the alpaca walk is not suitable for you.
- Alpacas can be scared or surprised by sudden sounds/movement this means that it is possible your alpaca may suddenly pull or shy during the walk. This is not common/usual but it is possible. You must be confident that you have the strength to hold the alpaca if he suddenly pulls forward during the walk.
- If you are not sure then please telephone us and we will advise whether the walk is suitable or rather our alpaca adventure may be more suitable.