Introduction to Alpaca Ownership (half day)
A great chance to see if keeping Alpacas is right for you.
Our intro workshop on keeping alpacas is from 12 midday - 4pm (mix of theory and hands on), and takes place at Yew Tree Alpacas in Anstey, near Buntingford, Hertfordshire SG0DA. The cost is £65 per person lunch included
This workshop offers a real insight into what keeping alpacas involves with plenty of opportunity to answer questions in a small group environment. A mix of classroom and practical including contact and handling our alpacas. There will be a maximum of eight attendees on the workshop. The workshop is ideal for those thinking of ownership but don't know what's involved. A great next stage after you have been on our alpaca walking.
The workshop will cover the following...
- Background on alpacas, their characteristics and day to day needs
- Key essentials for keeping alpacas; field sizes, fencing, shelter etc.
- Year round management tasks and day to day duties including feeding requirements
- Hands on with Yew Tree's alpacas - put on a headcollar & basics of handling
- See how to condition score, trim feet and check teeth
- Time for questions over tea & biscuits before you go
- Lunch (sandwiches, fruit & yogurts)
- Take away notes covering the subject areas on the workshop