Keeping & handling alpacas (full day)
If you are a new owner or planning to buy alpacas in the near future we can offer a full day course with lunch, completion certificate and hand outs included.
The course will be held at Yew Tree Alpacas, Anstey, Buntingford, Herts SG9 0DA
Cost is £95 including lunch (No vat)
As British Alpaca Society (BAS) Affiliate Trainers Yew Tree Alpacas can run BAS approved courses which use a set of modules approved by BAS. This course is a BAS affiliate course and will use modules approved by them.
There will be a mix of theory and practical sessions throughout the day. It will be split into two main sections basic day to day husbandry and healthcare in the morning followed by handling and halter training in the afternoon. Lunch will be provided with refreshments at the start and end of the day.
A maximum of eight participants on the course.
The BAS modules 1-5 will be covered;
- Feeding and basic management -
- Vaccination, worming and supplements
- Catching your alpaca
- Fitting a head collar
- Halter training
Time for questions over tea & biscuits before you go
- lunch (sandwiches & fruit salad and yogurts)
- Refreshments at the start and end of day aswell as with lunch
- Hand outs covering the subject areas covered on the course
- BAS Completion Certificate