Alpaca Adoption 2021
We have 3 alpaca adoption packages for 2021 - Bronze, Silver and Gold. Our Silver and Gold packages are available to buy from Dec 1st 2020 until 30th July 2021. Our bronze package is available all year round. The Gold and Silver packages will be available again from Dec 1st 2021.
Alpaca for Adoption
Isaac is a lovely alpaca with a very gentle and quiet personality inherited from his mother Bianca. He was born in August 2015 and is one of our most experienced alpacas on our walking team. In 2017 he won his class and came reserve champion in the male white class at the South of England show. He was praised for his conformation and uniformity of fleece. He has a large distinguishing moustache and hums frequenly when out with our visitors on the walks.
Jimmy is the oldest and most experienced of our adoption alpacas. He's a white 7 year old and otherwise know as Mr goofy as his lower front teeth are very prominent.
Jimmy is the experienced one who is cool in all situations including the sudden appearance of small yappy dogs which would worry many other alpacas. Jimmy's other love aswell as going out walks, is agility, and over several years now he's the one who enjoys a jump or two. If you adopt him then you'll get a chance to do some agility as well as walks.
Oscar is the cutest little boy, he’s 18 mths old (as at Nov ’18) and is the smallest of our alpacas born in 2017 and also the lightest ever born being only 5.3kgs at birth. Typically 8kg is the average. He had to be bottle fed for 6 weeks as his mum had very little milk.
Oscar has a lovely attitude and walks very well on the headcollar, already being a regular on the walking team. He was also chosen for our first alpaca wedding visit so he’s perfect as one of our adoption alpacas.
Pedro is a lovely soft fleeced white boy also from the class of 2017. He's one of the few who has his own greeting card and was very photogenic as a baby cria. His fleece is one of the softest and there's plenty of it!
He's just starting out on his walking career. He's been on some practice walks on the paths and will soon be going out for real with some of our customers.
Rafa alias 'Kisser' is one of the most people friendly alpacas we have ever bred. He loves people and will come up to nuzzle us in the field whilst we are busy poo picking!
Rafa is named after Rafael Nadal the tennis player, we never got round to letting the real one know he had an alpaca named after him! Although he's not going to be a prize winner in the ring Rafa's personality has already won him an army of fans.
Scrunchy was born in 2017 boy, and was one of the first in his year to become a regular on our walking team. He enjoys walking and was the easiest to train to walk on the lead rope. He's called Scrunchy because he grows so much fleece around his head he looks really 'scrunchy! Consequenlty he has been registered as Victor Scrunchy rather than just his real name Victor. He grows lots of fleece and looks so cuddly from October to May. He is very friendly and calm around our visitors and also loves carrots!
3 adoption packages
Bronze - Gift box only (no visit to farm) £30
Silver - Gift box and one adventure or walking visit £50
Gold - Gift box, adventure visit and alpaca walk with your alpaca and video of your alpaca 5-6 mins (only available to 10 yrs and over) £95
Number of adoptions per alpaca
- Unlimited number for bronze
- Silver and gold maximum 10 adoptions per alpaca
Ordering before Christmas
Note the first day for posting adoption packs booked 1st December- 6th Dec will will be Tues 8th December. All packs will be sent 1st class parcel post. The last day of posting before Christmas will be Mon 21st December so you must order an alpaca adoption by latest Sat 19th December.
Adoption Terms & Conditions
- There are four dates for the adventure. If you cannot attend on any of the 4 dates there are no other options for adventure visits to see your alpaca.
- For Silver package the value of £26 is for one adult or for two children. If the package has been bought for a child it will be necessary for an adult to come with the child and this is payable when you book the adventure and use the gift voucher code. Assuming the child is under 16yrs then the cost for the accompanying adult will be only £13 using the voucher.
- For the gift voucher for walking in the gold option the value is £40 this entitles 2 people sharing to go on an alpaca walk. Please note 10-15 yrs have to walk with an adult on the sharing option
- There are 10 adoptions available for each alpaca on the Silver and Gold options . There is not a limit on the bronze option
- GOLD – the gold packs will include a 5-6 min video of the selected alpaca this introduces him where he lives, what he eats and general info about his day. It will also include him walking around the field so you get to learn a little about him before meeting for the first time.
- The video is available as an optional extra on either the bronze of Silver packages for £25.
- If you do not turn up on the day you loose your booking it is non transferrable.
- If you decide not to take up any of the options within the package they are non refundable
- All voucher codes are non transferable and must only be used for the recipient and those accompanying.
For any questions please call 01763 848257 or email...
Feedback from our Adopters
Our visits have been really enjoyed by our adopters. We had a great recommendation from Kate see below....
We really enjoyed our day at Yew Tree Alpacas. Many ‘adoptions’ give you very little chance really to meet your adoptive animal; however, this package seemed very well designed – I felt it would strike a good balance between keeping the alpacas happy, which is important, while giving my daughter the chance really to get to know more about them. The parcel sent out was fun to open and she enjoyed looking at the photos and the lovely sample of wool.
We were so lucky with the weather on that first visit – the farm was a beautiful setting with the sun out! We had plenty of time with the alpacas and a chance to ask all the questions we wanted. We came away feeling that we had really got to know more about these fascinating animals.
It was also nice to have the tea and cake offered and the chance to look at the knitted goods made with alpaca wool – all very tempting! We are really looking forward to coming back again in the summer.
Kate, St Albans