Alpaca Adoption 2020
We have 3 alpaca adoption packages for 2020; Bronze, Silver and Gold. These packages are available to buy from Dec 1st 2019 until 31st July 2020.
Bronze - Gift box only (no visit to farm) £28
Silver - Gift box and one adventure visit £45
Gold - Gift box, adventure visit and alpaca walk with your alpaca** (only available to 10 yrs and over) £80
See photos and details of our six Yew Tree alpacas for adoption in 2020.
Alpacas for Adoption
Elgar is 4 year old brown alpaca with 2 black spots on his back. He’s very placid and easy going and although now quite large he has a very nice personality. He loves his carrots and quietly pushes forward amongst our other boys when visitors arrive with their carrots. Elgar is on the walking team and is a steady walker who prefers being at the back of the line. Elgar started his stud duties last year and he has several Crias due this year.
Isaac is a lovely alpaca with a very gentle and quiet personality inherited from his mother Bianca. He was born in August 2015 and is one of our most experienced alpacas on our walking team. In 2017 he won his class and came reserve champion in the male white class at the South of England show. He was praised for his conformation and uniformity of fleece. He has a large distinguishing moustache and hums frequenly when out with our visitors on the walks.
Jimmy is the oldest and most experienced of our adoption alpacas. He's a white 7 year old and otherwise know as Mr goofy as his lower front teeth are very prominent.
Jimmy is the experienced one who is cool in all situations including the sudden appearance of small yappy dogs which would worry many other alpacas. Jimmy's other love aswell as going out walks, is agility, and over several years now he's the one who enjoys a jump or two. If you adopt him then you'll get a chance to do some agility as well as walks.
Oscar is the cutest little boy, he’s 18 mths old (as at Nov ’18) and is the smallest of our alpacas born in 2017 and also the lightest ever born being only 5.3kgs at birth. Typically 8kg is the average. He had to be bottle fed for 6 weeks as his mum had very little milk.
Oscar has a lovely attitude and walks very well on the headcollar, already being a regular on the walking team. He was also chosen for our first alpaca wedding visit so he’s perfect as one of our adoption alpacas.
Rafa alias 'Kisser' is one of the most people friendly alpacas we have ever bred. He loves people and will come up to nuzzle us in the field whilst we are busy poo picking!
Rafa is named after Rafael Nadal the tennis player, we never got round to letting the real one know he had an alpaca named after him! Although he's not going to be a prize winner in the ring Rafa's personality has already won him an army of fans.
Scrunchy was born in 2017 boy, and was one of the first in his year to become a regular on our walking team. He enjoys walking and was the easiest to train to walk on the lead rope. He's called Scrunchy because he grows so much fleece around his head he looks really 'scrunchy! Consequenlty he has been registered as Victor Scrunchy rather than just his real name Victor. He grows lots of fleece and looks so cuddly from October to May. He is very friendly and calm around our visitors and also loves carrots!
Number of adoptions per alpaca
- Unlimited number for bronze
- Silver and gold combined maximum 8 adoptions per alpaca
Adoption Terms & Conditions
- The three date options for the adventure visit to see the adopted alpaca (Silver and Gold options only) are set as above. If you cannot attend on any of the 3 dates there are no other date options for adventure visits to see your alpaca. Note if you are booking May - July 20th then the April date will have passed and only two dates will be available.
- There are 8 adoptions available for each alpaca on the Silver and Gold options (combined) . There is no limit on the bronze option.
- If you cannot attend on the adventure date you have booked you can change to a later date (no extra charge up to 14 days before the date, within 14 days there will be a £10 charge if there are places still available). If there no further dates e.g. the August adventure then there is no refund.
- If you do not turn up on the day or ring within 24 hours of the date to say you cannot come, you loose your booking, it is non transferrable and non refundable.
- If you decide not to take up any of the options within the package they are non refundable
- The adopting of an alpaca does not confer any level of ownership.
- Note our 2020 adoptions are available to buy from 1st Dec 2019 - 31st July 2020. They are unavailable from 1st August to the end of November 2020. The 2021 packages will go live on 1st Dec 2020.
For any questions please call 01763 848257
Feedback from our Adopters
Our visits have been really enjoyed by our adopters. We had a great recommendation from Kate see below....
We really enjoyed our day at Yew Tree Alpacas. Many ‘adoptions’ give you very little chance really to meet your adoptive animal; however, this package seemed very well designed – I felt it would strike a good balance between keeping the alpacas happy, which is important, while giving my daughter the chance really to get to know more about them. The parcel sent out was fun to open and she enjoyed looking at the photos and the lovely sample of wool.
We were so lucky with the weather on that first visit – the farm was a beautiful setting with the sun out! We had plenty of time with the alpacas and a chance to ask all the questions we wanted. We came away feeling that we had really got to know more about these fascinating animals.
It was also nice to have the tea and cake offered and the chance to look at the knitted goods made with alpaca wool – all very tempting! We are really looking forward to coming back again in the summer.
Kate, St Albans