Double length walk with lunch.
2021 Alpaca Treks - now online to book
Been on an alpaca walk why not try out our alpaca trek!
Our Yew Tree Alpaca Trek is a double length alpaca walk with a break of around 15 minutes in a shady orchard for refreshments and biscuits at the half way stage. At the end of the trek you'll have worked up an appetite so we're sure you'll enjoy our lunch of freshly made sandwiches, yogurts and cakes/bakes to restore your energy. Not forgetting a chance to browse our range of alpaca products.
You'll start your trek with a short talk about alpacas and the Yew Tree herd. We then go to our fields where you meet your alpaca and a short pre-trek training session before we set out.
The trek is approx. 1¾ hours and the whole visit to Yew Tree Alpacas 3-3½ hours.
This is an ideal option for those who have already been on an alpaca walk either at Yew Tree or elsewhere its a great opportunity to extend your alpaca experience. If you have not walked an alpaca before, we recommend (but not essential) our shorter walk option first. However if you consider yourself physically fit and confident around animals then this trek may be just for you.
Heres some feedback and insight from one of our customers ...
I took part in a trek in July for my friend's 50th birthday and enjoyed it so much I wanted to buy another in 2019 for my sister and her partner. Louise, Hertford
Louise writes... I bought the trek for my friend's surprise 50th birthday present - a short discussion about the day, then the introduction to our alpaca then off we went on a lovely trek. The short break and drink was most welcoming (we fed our alpacas carrots during the break). It ws over all too quickly back to the farm for lunch. A great day.
There are two booking options; you can have your own alpaca for the entirety of the trek OR share an alpaca with a friend – you and your friend can take turns leading your alpaca during the trek.
One person trekking with their alpaca - £49.50 including refreshments en route and lunch after the walk
Two people sharing £79.00 including refreshments en route and lunch for two after the walk
Our dates for the 2021 season
We also offer gift vouchers/certificates for alpaca treks valid until 30th September 2021, these can be booked via our online shop.
Please note the following terms & conditions regarding Yew Tree Alpaca Trekking
- We can take a maximum of 10 alpacas on the trek and a minimum of 5. If the bookings fall below 5 then we will offer an alternative date or your money back.
- When walking out in the countryside we have two Yew Tree personnel on foot at the front and back of the alpacas for extra safety and security.
- Children are welcome 10 years and above. They can share an alpaca with an adult but the accompanying adult must be 16 years or above. Note you cannot book 1 person, 1 alpaca option for a child under 16 yrs.
- Children accompanying an adult (sharing an alpaca) must be 10 yrs and over.
- Note if you book just 1 adult 1 alpaca option we assume you will be attending alone. If it is only you who wants to do the walk and your partner isn't interested then you book the shared option and you do all the walking with our alpaca.
- There are no facilities for people who have not booked to wait for another person whilst they trek. If you accompany them and you have not booked you will be required to wait in your car.
- There is no discount on the two person price if the child is one of the pair
- Our all inclusive price includes the initial talk, advice and guidance on handling, the alpaca trekking experience both in our fields and out in the countryside and lunch at the end of the walk and biscuits/refreshments during the walk.
- On booking you will receive automated confirmation by email within 48 hrs. Approx 5-7 days before the event you will receive an email giving the programme and info about what to wear and what to expect.
- You can swop to a different date of trek at a charge of £10 up to 14 days before the date of your walk. It is NOT feasible to swop to anither date within 14 days of your event
- Cancellation 14 or more days prior to the event 50% refund. Within 14 days no refund.
- If some of your group do not attend on the day there are no refunds. The cancellation rules apply, therefore if, up to 14 days before the event part of your group cannot attend then you can cancel and receive 50% refund.
- Please note the duration of the alpaca trek is approx. 1.75 hours on local footpaths and bridleways with some uneven ground. The whole event is 3-3.5 hrs. if you are a slow walker, unsteady on your feet or have an injury which impacts on your walking ability, then the trek will not be suitable. You must also be able to use both hands to hold the lead rope when walking your alpaca, if you cannot do this then the alpaca trek is not suitable for you. If you are not sure then please telephone us and we will advise whether the trek is suitable or rather the shorter alpaca walk or our alpaca adventure.